Our six-acre township park and municipal office
is located at 528 Oakville Road.
Park amenities include:
– Ball Field
– Basketball Court
– Volleyball Court
– Horseshoe Pits
– 1/2 Mile Walking Trail
– ADA Complaint Public Restroom
– Large Pavilion (100 person capacity) with 2 Charcoal Grills
– Indoor Community Hall w/Kitchen* (65 person capacity)
*Rental use only. Please note there is no oven in kitchen.
The Big Spring Dawgs, a youth baseball association based in the Newville area, has signed an agreement with the township to develop and maintain the ball field in the rear 3 acres of the park in return for use of the field for the ball season. When not in use by the Dawgs, the field will be available to the community.
The Board of Supervisors invites all local residents and the general public to visit the park often and enjoy some time in the country!
Park Community Hall & Pavilion Rental
Both the indoor community hall and pavilion at North Newton Township Park are available for rent. For reservations, please call the township office at (717) 776-7665 or download, print and submit a Park Rental Agreement for your next gathering. You may check the building’s availability on our Events Calendar.
Please note: We are only accepting one rental for the Community Hall per day at this time.
Community Hall Rental Rates:
Township Resident – $50 for the 1st hour, $5 each additional hour
Non-Township Resident – $80 for the 1st hour, $10 each additional hour
Pavilion Rental Rates:
Township Resident – $50/day
Non-Township Resident – $80/day
Please Note: Rentals are on a ‘first come, first served’ basis & will be accepted no earlier than one year prior to the rental date.
Kitchen in the Community Hall
Community Hall Park Pavilion
Existing trees or new trees in North Newton Township Park may be sponsored in memory or honor of a loved one. In return for sponsoring a tree, the township will place a plaque in memory or honor of your loved one. Download the full policy and application.
Memorial Tree Policy & Application
Township Park Development Project Slideshow
History of the Park
In late 2005, the Board of Supervisors stumbled into the opportunity to provide a small municipal park to the residents of North Newton Township and the surrounding area. A declining number in club membership along with a hardship to maintain the property led the Oakville Ruritan Club to approach the supervisors and propose donating their six acre property, complete with an 80 ft. by 24 ft. building, to the township. In return the township would permit the Ruritan Club to use the facility for their monthly meetings at no charge.
The supervisors established an Advisory Recreation and Park Board of five residents who volunteer their time for monthly meetings and make recommendations to the Board of Supervisors concerning the park. This group, along with the supervisors and township engineer, worked on a master plan for development of the park. Work proceeded as follows:
- Phase I of the development was completed in the front 3 acres of the park; including the playground, basketball court, walking trail, parking lot, and exterior lighting
- a picnic pavilion was erected with twelve picnic tables built by Boy Scout Troop 115
- portico for the community building was constructed
- community building’s roof was replaced
- Phase II of the development was completed in the rear 3 acres of the park
- improvements were made to the ballfield including team benches and a new backstop
- the walking path was completed closing another loop around the back three acres of the park
- vinyl siding and insulation replaced on the community building
- new heating system in community building
- constructed addition of municipal office onto park community building
- remodeled kitchen
- additional playground equipment was added (merry go round, frog & motorcycle spring mates, swinging bench, green play tractor), as well as 2 sets of horseshoe pits
- additional play tractor (red) was added
- new bulletin board was constructed
- crawling tube was added
- tire swing was added
- ADA swing was added
- Playshare swing was added